Wednesday, February 22, 2017

all in a day...

Some days it seems like I have nothing much going on and other days there are so many things I could post about...

Today was our 100th day of grade 1 AND it was a day to think about standing up against bullying by wearing pink shirts. (More info here)

and then not only was it a busy day of teaching, today was the day that a filming crew came into my classroom! They came to film my students for a video that will be used to educate teachers about ways to use a new children's book in their classrooms to introduce the delicate subject of residential schools to young children. "When We Were Alone" is written by a school parent and I have taught 4 of his five children during my teaching career. (I have one more to go to complete the set!) He came to do a question and answer session with me and it was cool to be able to have him choose our class to do this with. I can't wait to see what the producer ends up choosing to include in the video...I hope I don't ramble or talk with my hands too much!!


and then in the evening, Kaden's band performed at a Festival and I came along to watch them. Kaden is not taking band next year (at least not at this point) and so this could be one of the last times I have to accompany him to a performance. 


They did well and won a trophy for performance excellence! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...