Tuesday, January 31, 2017

I love to Read month kick-off

This year's theme is "Superheroes of the Justice League of Readers" and we are encouraging our students to read and to act for justice. We kicked off the month with an introductory skit:




Here we are:

Me:  Wonderful WordWoman.  I have the power of positive language, of kind words spoken and the ability to change a situation with the words that I say.


The Kindergarten teacher:  Captain Underrepresented. I stand for people who don’t have a voice, who are treated unfairly, who never seem to have justice on their side.

The Grade 8 teacher: Justicewoman, the leader of things true and good.  I do the things I know I should.  I solve all problems with fair play, I work for change around me every day.




This is the phone booth that our principal made...of course our students actually have no idea what a phone booth is.....


It is going to be a great month!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...