Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Lasts...

It's another year of lasts approaching and this year it is Kezia's year.

Kezia has decided not to play her last season of indoor soccer since many of her teammates are leaving due to a heavy grade 12 load and now part time jobs. Her coach of many years is also not returning. So when these outdoor finals end then so does soccer for Kezia. (The outdoor season runs in May and June and finals are in September)

I have to admit that even though all the hours and hours I have spent on the soccer sidelines have not always been in the best of weather, it was something Kezia enjoyed and so I was glad to be there to support her. Knowing that tonight's game was one of the last was kind of sad...




After the game (where Kezia scored the only goal for her team!) Kezia and I went out for cheesecake to celebrate her last first day of school eve. I took Kiandra out for breakfast on her last first day but scheduling wouldn't work to do that with Kezia so this was a nice compromise.


These "lasts" are really hard on me. I think so much of my life has been spent as a Mom that I am wanting to hang on to these moments. Kezia even mentioned that her quitting soccer seemed harder on me than it was on her. Everything has a season. The soccer season is about the end. The high school season is drawing to a close. I have really enjoyed these seasons and it is hard to think that the end is coming soon. Where's that pause button when you need it?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...