Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Long day

It started early with a 4:00 am wake-up call to get Kezia and Kaden to the airport for their trip to Mexico. It's hard to believe after months of planning that this group is ready to go.
We stayed until we couldn't see them anymore and then went home. (Conrad went back to bed for a few hours)
In the afternoon, I helped my friend Melanie book a trip to Florida. It was fun to help her find a great deal for their first ever vacation together that includes a flight to get there. I can't wait to hear all about their adventures when they get back later this summer.

Then it was off to church for what has become my annual summer traditions on Wednesday nights: helping at our church's day camp supper. This year's theme is "More than Conquerors" with a viking theme. They did an awesome job setting up the foyer:
It was a smaller group for the first week with only about 35 campers (most weeks have more than 50) but they still all needed to eat! I worked with 4 other people to help prep and serve the meal to the day campers.
Then I went home to finish packing and to get some sleep for tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...