- Good morning and welcome to our Grade 1 Chapel.
- In the month of May, our author of the month was Amy Krouse Rosenthal. She writes books for kids and for adults.
-One of her books is called “The OK Book” and it reminds us that it is ok to try new things even if we can’t do them perfectly.
-We are going to act out the story for you:
We acted out this story with some kids reading the parts and some doing the actions for each page
We like the message of “The Ok Book” because it reminds us that we can be ok at many things and we can keep trying to get better at them.
- When we practice the things we are ok at, we can become experts.
- Here are some things that we are ok at:
(The kids all drew pictures of things they thought they were "ok" at and read them one at a time)
-Our verse of the month for May was Philippians 4:13:
-“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
- This verse reminds us that we can trust God to help us do hard things.
-We might think that we will NEVER become an expert in something and that we will always be just ok.
- We can remember this verse and know that we can do all things…EVEN hard things… because God will give us strength.
- Here are some things that we find hard:
(The kids all drew pictures of things that they thought were hard and then read them one at a time)
-We can do hard things. We can trust that God will give us strength to do hard things.
- God can give you strength to do hard things too.
-We’d like to teach you a new song that will remind you that you can do all things because that is the promise God gives us in Philippians 4:13.
song-I can do all things. (I bought this song to get rid of the ads)
-This next song reminds us that even if we are small we can still do hard things and be an example.
song- 1 Timothy 4:12
-The last thing we want to show you is a music video that we made this week.
-We know that God is with us when we are good at something.
-We know that God is with us when we aren’t good at something.
-We know that God is with us when we are ok at things.
-God is with us every move we make.
Video -Every move I make. (Every year I make a music video and this year's was set to "Every Move I make" and I totally wish I could post it year! We had fun filming it on Monday and Kiandra whipped up an excellent iMovie production for me. She is mega talented and it turned out great)
-Thank you for coming to our Grade 1 chapel. We hope that you can remember that God is with you every move you make and that He will help you do all things.
and then I had my friends who wanted to play piano come up and play to close off our chapel.
check and done!