Sunday, March 6, 2016

Here we go

Early this evening, Kezia went to work:

Conrad and Kaden went to the hockey game:


and I had an exciting date with an MRI machine. After being told that it would likely be summer before I would get an appointment, this letter arrived in the mail 2 weeks ago:


My strange symptoms from December and January have basically disappeared since my meeting with the neurologist a few weeks ago and I can't help but wonder if taking vitamin B12 was really all that I needed to do. (It was one of the many, many, many possible causes when I googled my symptoms online!) However, since the symptoms arrived suddenly and have seemed to go away suddenly, I decided to still go for the MRI in case it is something more and in case the symptoms come back. This way I don't have to wait another 3 or more months. I am thankful for the quick appointment and that it was a Sunday evening and that I didn't have to take time off work to have it done. 


The neurologist recommended a brain and spine scan and so when I arrived for my appointment and filled out my forms I was told that the whole process would likely be about an hour.


An hour of clicking and banging and sounds that remind me very much of Kaden's alarm in the morning (The one that goes off incessantly and you wonder how he can't hear it and why he doesn't turn it off!!) and then it was finished. I was told my doctor would have the results in about 3-5 days. Hopefully it is just a vitamin deficiency and these scans reveal it to be nothing else.  

2 comments:

LaughingLady said...

Oh, that was fast for the MRI!! So glad it worked out so well! Did you get noise-cancelling headphones with your radio station of choice while you were in the tube? I quite enjoyed that aspect of my MRI! Hopefully, your results show everything is normal.

Pamela said...

I did get headphones but not a choice of station just a voice to tell me how long each set of noises would last!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...