Sunday, September 9, 2012

Where did the weekend go?

Why do weekends always go by so quickly??!

This morning was the kick off for our new Sunday services. Our church has undergone massive changes over the last 11 months and today we celebrated how much has been accomplished in such a short time. It's exciting to see how our building will be used.

Our pastor started a new session on the book of Colossians and I would never use my iPhone camera in church(!!) to try and take a picture of the 52 things the pastor was talking about that the first 3 chapters in Colossians tells us about Jesus. Nope, not me. I would never, ever, do that!

Kaden had his hitting camp this afternoon, I sold Kaden's old bike to a friend of mine, I picked up the girls from their youth retreat, stopped to pick up some fondue fluid (that I was sure I had in the house!) and tonight we had our annual "first day of school" fondue supper...a few days late because the girls were gone all weekend.


It was still good to catch up on the kid's first day (Conrad hadn't seen the girls since they left for school on Friday morning) and we could hear all about the youth retreat too. I'm so thankful for the youth group that our kids have and the friends they have made and for the leaders that are supporting them in their walk with God. Kiandra took my old camera and I loved these pictures of the girls on the rock climbing wall:



Tomorrow...school starts for the first full week of the year. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...