Friday, September 28, 2012

Race Day

Today was a day for racing! First it was our annual Terry Fox run at school. You know...my favourite day the one where someone thought it would be fun to let 6 year olds around the neighbourhood?!! Anyway, I managed to keep all my friends and they ran and ran and ran. and It really was an awesome day because the weather couldn't have been better. 

Then this evening, I teamed up with 3 friends for a Car Rally! I haven't participated in one since I was in youth. It was a photo car rally and it was so much fun. After the race part, we heard a message from a professional race car driver and we had these cute decorations at our table.


Of course I took photos during the rally but because we had to limit them to just 10 (*ack!*) I actually had to delete some (what?!) and the memory card was handed in. Some of our photo challenges included:
- buying one timbit and cutting into enough pieces so that everyone could have a piece and getting a photo of as many workers as possible while you do this.

-a group photo on a playground.

-buying a special type of pasta and taking a picture of the group buying it and then donating it to the food bank.

-Surprising the pastor with a birthday gift (creatively wrapped) and making sure he had a surprised look on his face.

-borrowing an egg from a friend (bonus points if it was a man!)

-filling up with exactly $1.00 of gas

So fun. After the message, they put together a slide show and showed what all of the groups had done. I have some photos from that I took at the slide show, but I want to make sure it's ok with my group before I post them here. 

We did pretty good and came in third place!!


Our prize: Cars marker, air freshener and kleenex.

1 comment:

TammyIsBlessed said...

It was so fun!! (I'm good with picture posting)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...