Tuesday, September 4, 2012

back to school...

...for our school's teachers. The kids don't officially come until Friday, but we'll meet each family tomorrow and Thursday and ease into the year gently. Although, most of my appointments are tomorrow and I think I have a 15 minute break between 11:00 and 6:30pm. Should be fun...

 Today was a day long start up meeting for staff. It is one of my favourite inservices of the year. Mainly because some of the excitement for the year ahead spills in, but also because we share communion as a staff. What an amazing place to work and to be reminded each year about the impact we can have on our students for eternity is such a gift. I have the best job and I teach at the best school.


After a busy day of meetings, I had to pick Kezia up from her sleepover. Supper (thankfully) was in the crockpot and we were able to eat quickly to get to Kezia's first playoff soccer game. (Spring soccer breaks for summer and then resumes for playoffs in September) This is the first ever time Kezia's team has made the "A" side (that's good!) as part of the top teams. Today's game was intense with 4 shots that hit the post and ended with a 1-1 tie. 


I finished some last minute things for tomorrow and now it's off to bed. At least I can sleep in a bit tomorrow...I drop Kiandra off at school for her advocate meeting and school pictures -yep on the first day!- and then I will be off for my 'meet and greet' meetings.


1 comment:

LaughingLady said...

I remember picture day on the first day of school at Glenlawn! I hated that!! So much confusion (especially for those poor freshmen!) and chaos, and then a harried photo session... I could never figure out why they planned it that way!

Hope you have a great week and an awesome start to the year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...