Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pinned to Practice




My first time sharing, was not exactly a real attempt. Today's post will be a real one. I was intrigued to find this pin a few weeks ago .... before I got my iphone. I thought it was cool but without a way to test it out, I didn't even pin the idea but I kept it in the back of my mind.












After I got my phone, I remembered the pin and tried creating my own QR code with my contact information. I used this site to create a QR code that reads exactly like a "contact" form with my name, email address, school website address and school phone number. It even has a memo section that let me include our username and password to access our classroom webpage. So many of my school parents do have smartphones and I thought this would be a good way to share my contact info with parents. When you scan the code, it even gives an option to save the page that comes up right to the phone's contacts. 

Here's my classroom door and I made the owl poster under my welcome sign with the QR Code.  I hope it makes it easier for parents to be able to access our classroom webpage because the password will be saved with the contact information. 



1 comment:

TammyIsBlessed said...

Very cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...