Sunday, September 2, 2007

W, X, Y, and Z!!

W is for Waffle iron...a significant item because it had a starring role in my most recent embarrasing moment. I teach the cooking portion of our church's girls club and one week we were making waffle s'mores ( nothing like a sugar rush at 8:00 in the evening, lol!) and because there are so many girls in the kitchen I had solicitated about 8 waffle irons from friends and 1 from my mom. Her waffle iron is old...I think it may have been one of their wedding presents...and it really steams when it is warming up. It also has to be greased so that the batter doesn't stick to the surface and when the grease heats up it begins to smoke.... and steam .... and if you position it close enough to the sensor it WILL set off the fire alarm....especially if it is January and freezing cold outside! It's good to know that fire trucks do have a rapid response time to our church and that everyone can make it outside in a record time, despite being unprepared for such an event. Waffle irons....good times, lol!

X is for x-ray. Last year, I fractured my wrist in an accident that totaled our van. I had never been in an accident and never broke a bone and that day accomplished both at once...I am the queen of multi-tasking! It was also my most recent x-ray... I can't remember when I had one before that...

Y is for yogurt. I actually don't really like yogurt. If I think about what yogurt really is it makes me queasy! I have a weak stomach! There is one flavour I do like and that's the Astro Key lime one, but there has got to be so many other things in that one to get it that bright green that the bacteria in the yogurt is probably minimized, lol!

Z is for Zero. All of these other things are worth zero...what is important is my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, without Him I am nothing!

3 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Queen of Multitasking, Queen of Bargain Hunting, Queen of Once-A-Month-Cooking -- sheesh, you are just THE QUEEN. Period.

So, how'd you enjoy your kid-free weekend? (Was it even better because you knew you'd avoided camping?!)

Andrea said...

I agree with Tammi -- you're the Queen!!

Congrats on getting through the encyclopedia.

Pamela said...

lol! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...