Friday, September 21, 2007

My first public assignment

From my Language and Literacy class
Compose a poem called "I am From..."
Copy it to an overhead slide
Share it by reading it out loud to the class


I am from...
Education
French Immersion,
Private Christian,
and Public

I am from Religious Education
Planted seed growing
Making choices and knowing
Redeemed, forgiven, loved
Following His plan

I am from Higher Education
From studying, and tests, and all nighters
I am from change in plans
From diapers, and bottles, and all nighters
I am from Second Chances
From studying, and tests, and too tired to do all nighters

I am from Parental Education
rocking chairs and Build-a-bears
First word, first step, first day
I am from ballet, soccer, hockey and piano
Watching, cheering, hugging, comforting
I am from the best job in the world

I am from Multitasking Education
From laundry and essays
lunch packing and exams
Post it notes and scheduling
I am from goal setting and list making
With the satisfaction of a black Sharpie
marking a task complete

I am from Culinary Education
Ziploc bags
Cooking days and a full freezer
I am from creating and perfecting
garnishing and photographing the masterpiece
a new dish on the supper table

I am from Technology Education
humming computers,
Far away friends, online forums, and blogs
I am from hours passing fast and procrastination
But “all work and no play” is not possible
I am from excuses

I am from Changing Education
the long way around
New road, new path, new journey
Mixed up order, but never lost
And always learning

5 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

What a great poem, Pam! It's beautiful. Make sure you let us know what kind of a mark you get for it!

Tara said...

Wow, that was really good! I wish I could write like that. Way to go!

Andrea said...

That was really cool. You're going to be such an awesome teacher!! I second what Tammi said -- let us know how you do on it!

Lori said...

Great poem, I give it an "A" for articulate (and awesome!)

jenn said...

this is wonderful. i am not sure that i would be able to write such a poem and i know that having to share it in class would terrify me.

i am happy to have found your blog. thanks for sharing! take care ~jenn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...