Wednesday, September 5, 2007

It's that time again...

...and again summer ends too soon! Every year it seems to go by faster and faster and I imagine that when I start teaching it will really fly by! It's not quite 9:00, and the kids are all fast asleep. It's been a great summer of late nights and unscheduled days but now that all ends. We had our "meet the teachers" meeting yesterday, but our official first day is tomorrow. Kaden's teacher taught Kiandra kindergarten and Kezia grade one and we are pleased to have her again. Kezia has the teacher Kiandra had last year and we are happy to have her again too. Kiandra has moved to another part of the school (almost in the Junior High wing--yikes!) and my first impression of her new teacher is a good one. It looks like it will be a great year for the kids...I can only hope for the same for me :)

As you can tell by my side bar, I almost completed all of my summer goals. Making these public lists is obviously a motivating factor for me! It was a huge motivation for Kiandra who actually got up this morning and actually started to read to finish the last 2 chapters in her 10th book. What a change from her motivation to read even just last summer. I have decided to use this new found insight to help motivate her this school year. I will help her actually write down her goals and check them off as she succeeds. Reaching her 10 book goal was so thrilling to her and I'm so proud of her! Kezia completed her fourth book tonight as I read her the last chapter and a half before tucking her in for bed. Kaden has been working in a reading booklet and is doing very well...it really surprises me how much farther he seems to be than where the girls were at the same age!

Sorry this is such a quick post, but I've been so busy with last minute back to school stuff and I really wanted to savour the last moments of the summer with the kids. I'll find some time soon to post on Conrad's camping weekend with the kids, an update on my 101/1001, how I am gearing up for hockey-mom status as Conrad officially registered Kaden yesterday, and my thoughts as I start back to school on Monday!

Thanks to everyone who reads this blog and a special big thanks to the ones who actually comment on it, either here or by email. Your thoughts and comments are so greatly appreciated and truly make my day :)

Good-night!

2 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Good for you, accomplishing all your goals! Me, well, we just won't go there. I'm never ready for summer to be over, but at the same time, I do enjoy having a regular routine. Good luck with school and student teaching this year!!

Lori said...

Yay for completed goals....not that I know much what that feels like! But thanks for sharing, it really motivates me to get my butt in gear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...