Thursday, September 13, 2007

Day 4 ....and a reminder for my blogger friends

Well, it's almost been a week and I am starting to get into routine. I am on top of lunch packing, agenda signing for the kids and I am getting into homework mode. I just finished my first official homework...a collage about myself (much less complex than an essay on 'crime and punishment in early modern England' ...but surprisingly more time consuming than I thought!) Today's classes were exactly the same as Tuesday's classes and so that was nice...a sense of knowing where I was going and what to expect when I got there. I ate lunch with some of my new friends and it does feel nice to have some familiar faces around. However, there does almost seem to be a bit of a high school feeling sometimes...maybe it's just me. There almost seems to be a "class distinction" between the early, middle, and senior years students in that I feel like the other groups are looking down on us early years people...possibly because we have spent some of our class time singing, dancing, and painting pictures of trees! Again, this is possibly just my imagination, but it reminds me of high school when the grade 11 kids were cooler than the "grade 10 babies" and of course the grade 12 kids were the coolest of them all! We'll see how it goes, maybe I am imagining this!
I was reminded of something today and I thought I would share it with all of my blogging buddies. Today in my Educational Psych class, my prof stopped me after class (...this is the one who learned all of our names in 2 hours!) and told me that he had a RSS (??) feed (I actually have no idea what this is!) and 'Educational Psych' had come through his feed and led him to my blog. Now I obviously realize that whatever I publish online, whether it be here or on recipezaar, that it is accessible to the whole world via the Internet. I also realize that there are many people who read my blog but will only comment on it when they see me in person...and for that matter that anyone could stop by to read it. I guess I just thought that my insignificant ramblings would be so uninteresting to the general public that it never really occurred to me that someone would ever happen across my blog. Anyway, the prof just mentioned casually that he had been led to my blog and he felt that he had the moral obligation to tell me that it had come through his feed and he was able to read what I wrote (!) I mentally tried to recall what I had written, but was pretty sure it was ok. I just wanted to share this and remind everyone that what you write is out there for everyone to read and you just never know who might be reading it! A great lesson for sure... (Thanks!)

5 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

It really is amazing who all has access to this stuff we write here. I maintain though, that this is MY diary, MY thoughts and MY opinions (which I'm not only entitled to, but I'm also entitled to express), so unless there's something I'm saying on my blog that I'm not brave enough to stand behind in person, I shouldn't have a problem with anyone reading it. If I'm afraid of who might read what, either I just don't write it here, or there's always the option of privatizing the blog. I'm pretty sure whatever you've written so far shouldn't be cause for concern!!

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun with your courses!

ValleyGirl said...

PS. I can't believe you've got a professor that knows you by name already and knows it was your blog!! That's just impressive!

Andrea said...

I sometimes have to remind myself of that too. Just because only a handful of friends comment, or tell me in person that they read my blog -- doesn't mean there aren't a lot of other "lurkers" out there who come across it and never let me know!!

It's a good reminder to never speak negatively about somebody, nor to "air dirty laundry" through the blog.

Pamela said...

It was a good reminder and it IS shocking that my prof already knew it was me after spending only 2 hours with me. The faculty is so keen on getting to know us...they took a picture of us holding up our names and I have seen two profs refer to it and I am surprised at how quickly they have learned our names! It's just a different feeling than in arts!

Tish said...

I guess I'm a bit of a hermit. I have set up my blog to only allow people in I want to. I was always so afraid of saying the wrong things. I suppose I should open it up, but it's so nice just to let in "friends" to my life! I think it's wonderful you have been "noticed" by your professors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...