Thursday, August 16, 2007

A-Z of me...continued

L is for Late. I never used to be a late person..in fact I grew up in a home where my dad is notorious for being super early! I am now more often late than on time. It started in junior high when I began walking to school and I could leave on my own schedule instead having to be on time to catch a bus. By the time I hit high school, I perfected the art of last minute arrivals when I could run to school in eight minutes and duck into my class just as the PA clicked on with oh Canada. I think my lateness is from my life being so full of activities and therefore I schedule everything so closely that I leave at the last possible minute and then the smallest thing will slow me down...like a red light, lol! I am working on changing that especially as I begin student teaching and my tardiness will reflect on my performance as a potential employee.

M is for massage...or more accurately the dislike of them. Sometimes I think I am the only person on the planet that doesn't like them. While many people dream of an hour long massage...I would dread every second of it! Conrad probably wishes I liked them because then he could bargain with me so that I'd give him one to him and then he would give one to me, but that doesn't work!

N is for night owl. I really love staying up late (and sleeping in the next day!) I am always the last one to go to sleep and I do many of my assignments late in the evening...especially if I have had caffeine later in the evening, lol!

O is for Once a Month Cooking. It may not be something that works for everyone, but in our home it is truly a life saver. I appreciate the time I save in the grocery store by doing a big monthly shopping and also the time I save by not having to cook from scratch every night. With Conrad getting paid only once a month, this system is perfect for us. I enjoy the big shop, the big cooking day and of course the convenience of a stocked freezer.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

That's amazing doing a once-a-month cooking day!! I like the monthly shopping trip too -- but I definitely only cook one day at a time!!

By the way -- my brother-in-law doesn't like massages. I think you're both from different planets, but at least you're not alone!!

ValleyGirl said...

Yeah, you're just too organized. OAMC -- I can't even imagine!

TammyIsBlessed said...

Once a Month Cooking - I think you need to do a whole post on that explaining what you all make!

As far as being late - me too! It drives Nathan nuts because he's always early. My problem is I think I can get stuff done quicker than I actually can. You'd think I'd learn...hmmm, if I think it'll take 10 mins, I should budget 15. But I don't!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...