Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A-Z of me!

I am joining Andrea and Tammy and doing an encyclopedia of me in the month of August.

D-is for Driving...or more accurately how much I loath driving. Many people regard my love of cooking with some confusion because they only cook because the have to eat. I look at driving with much the same sentiment-I drive because I need to get places but I really don't like to drive. Thankfully, Conrad likes to drive and so I don't have to very often. I am thankful that I can drive if I need to but given the choice I'd rather ride than drive.

E-is for email. I love email and actually prefer it to the phone! I love checking the inbox to see if there is anything new or the ding of a new message when it comes in...it's always fun to get mail!

F-is for friendship. I have been blessed with great friends. Old friends, new friends, online ("pretend" friends) and everyone in between. I still keep in touch with my first friend who was my next door neighbour for the first 5 years of my life. I love that I can reconnect with some friends and it will be like we have never been apart. I am thankful for the encouragement and love that my friends share with me when I need it most...and that they always seem to know when I do...Thanks to all my friends!

G-is for grass. I love the smell of cut grass because it always reminds me of the first time Conrad cut the grass in our first house. I lived in an apartment(ish) for most of my life and never got to experience the joy of having a yard to mow. I was 21 when we bought our house and I remember when Con cut the grass for the first time and the scent of the freshly cut lawn and how it smelled so good! I was so thankful to be in a house and have my own yard and the scent of grass always reminds me of that day.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm glad you're joining us in this!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...