Monday, August 27, 2007

wow!


My new blogger friend Tara just gave me a nice award!

"This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you've been awarded please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award."

The one person that I think is very deserving of this award is my cousin and friend Lori. She is a very thoughtful person, full of love and joy, and unending kindness. Just this weekend she chopped off her hair to donate it to make wigs for cancer patients. I am honoured to know Lori and blessed to have her in my family.

I would also like to give the award to my online (pretend, lol!) friend Tish. I have been co-hosting the Once a Month Cooking Forum on Recipezaar with Tish for the last 2 1/2 years and it has been great working with her. I feel like I have so much in common with her even though we have never met face to face. Through comments and zmails I can see we have many things in common and I bet if we did we meet in person we would probably be great friends. I would love to visit Las Vegas one day and if I ever do, I think it would be fun to go for coffee with my "pretend" friend!

Congrats!

6 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, I am so honored you picked me! Thanks for your kind words!

Andrea said...

Isn't it fun making new friends in this crazy world of blogging?

ValleyGirl said...

Congratulations! I've so enjoyed 'reaquainting' myself with you in Bloggityville!! If mom hadn't taken the entire week off while the girls and I were in town last week, I would have called you up or popped in for a quick visit.

Greg and I talked about coming to your church next time we're in the city and inviting ourselves over to your place for lunch afterwards. So you've been warned! Although the next time will probably be Christmas, and that's a bit hairy, so it might only be next spring. That should give you plenty of time to prepare!!

Pamela said...

Tammi-I would have enjoyed the visit!! We would LOVE to have you guys over the next time you are in, consider yourselves with an open invitation anytime, but a bit of warning will give me time to impress you, lol!

ValleyGirl said...

Haha, just let me see your freezer with all your neatly labelled OAMC dishes and I'll be impressed without having to eat a bite!!!!!

Tish Taylor said...

I feel so honored that you consider me a "pretend" friend. I think of you as a friend as well. I know we have so much in common and I'm so glad to have been able to get to know you better over the last few years. You have been a huge inspiration to a bunch of folks out there including me! Thanks for letting me read your blog. It's nice to get to know each others "real" lives!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...