Tuesday, August 28, 2007

S, T, U, & V

S is for School! I often feel like I have been in school forever! I did 2 years of university right out of high school, and now I have been back at University for 3 years, and I still have 2 years to go before I finish my Education degree....and then if I get a job right away....I'll never be out of school again!

T is for Tent Trailer! First I lose the hockey battle and now I lose the camping battle...*sigh* I really did think I had some power but whatever I did have... is now gone! On Saturday we purchased a tent trailer ... *shudder*... how did this happen? Conrad has promised me that it doesn't mean we will be going out more often, but rather that we will just enjoy our time away that much more (....really?) The maiden voyage for the trailer will be this weekend when Conrad and the kids head out BUT I get to stay home! yay! Personally, I would have rather bought a laptop than a new trailer but alas, I was outnumbered!

U is for Upholstering! I can't sew to save my life and clothes will actually become to small on the kids before I get around to sewing on new buttons if one falls off! However, I can staple and this weekend I am going to attempt to changed the cover on the piano bench and 2 chairs. We'll see how it goes!

V is for Van! I really do like driving a typical mom-mobile and I had no trouble going from a 2 door Suzuki swift to a mini van when we were pregnant with Kaden. The only place I truly feel out of place, is in the UofM parking lot, where no one drives a mini van unless they are driving their parent's vehicle, lol!!

4 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

What?! No pictures of the new tent trailer??!!!!! I'm so jealous. I really want a new one because the canvas has shrunk since we bought ours and it's extremely difficult to set up without tearing. There are already several spots that have been duct taped! I used to be able to set that thing up by myself in half an hour and now, it takes both of us an hour of struggling to get it ready to use. Sigh. Maybe someday.

Tara said...

Well at least when you go camping you won't have to sleep on the hard ground! That is something that I would like, no sore back in the morning! Lol!

Andrea said...

Les keeps talking about gettig a tent trailer too...except I *know* that he would then expect me to go camping more -- even though he claims too just like Con that we wouldn't go more, we'd just enjoy it more..

Well, enjoy your weekend alone!! Sounds great to me!!

Anonymous said...

I promise you- you will not be the only education student to drive a mini-van. Krista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...