Wednesday, July 25, 2007


Well, it's day 29 of my 30 day Honour Your Husband Challenge and I have really enjoyed this challenge. I know I'm not the only one because my cousin Lori just added "Make July her honour her husband month" on her 101/1001 list. The timing of the end of this challenge could not have worked out better. Today is the sleepover day for the day camp that our kids are attending and so Con and I get to have a real date night without a curfew!...that is assuming Kade actually sleeps at the church and doesn't call home to be picked up! It gets even better with day 30 falling on a Thursday because that is Conrad's Day off. So we can even sleep in the next day and enjoy the whole day together too! Not that we don't enjoy spending his day off with the kids, but it is kind of a special treat to have couple time too.
I really tried to make the last week a great one and I hope that Conrad has felt the love and appreciation that I have for him. Here's how I did this week:
Get up with him in the morning - This week I actually missed 2 out of the mornings but in my defense they were Thursday and Sunday (the two days where he didn't get up to go to work and HE got up to play Nintendo with Kaden instead of staying in bed, so it wasn't technically me abandoning him in the morning before he went off to work!
Be more Physical - I have tried to make a bigger effort with this one but our sun burns last Thursday did not help matters so any "physical touch" was to rub on Noxzema! I still owe Conrad a back rub which I will give him tomorrow night or on Thursday.
Leave the Coke alone!-Conrad has been able to have a coke anytime because there has always been one available. I even brought a coke Slurpee to his work one afternoon as a treat.

Pray for him - I'm not sure why this area has actually been one of the hardest for me. I think in order to do this more successfully I need to actually write it down.
Cook some of his favourite things- This was probably the month I have made the least new things ever in my life! It's funny that most people want to try new recipes and as I was composing my 101/1001 list and searching through other people's lists to get ideas so many people had "try new recipes" on their lists. The challenge for me would be to NOT make a new recipe for a month, lol! This week I made, carrot cake (and even put raisins in only half of the cake because I know he doesn't really like them!), kielke, and farmer sausage. I guess I'll have to whip up a treat tomorrow to get that fourth thing in like I had promised!

Conrad, if you are reading this, thanks for everything you do for our family, and for me, and I hope you know how much you are loved and appreciated. I love you! :)

4 comments:

Conrad said...

Hey, I am reading this! Just checking to see what I can expect on the last day for the honour your husband month! lol Looking good so far! I did not mention to you, but having the Slurpee brought to work the other day, was an excellent way to show your appreciation for me. (not to mention enjoyable too!)

ValleyGirl said...

Awwww, you guys are so disgusting!!

Very cute. Good for you, Pam. I feel like I've done well with this challenge overall too, even though there were a couple of items where I didn't do as well as I would have liked.

Tara said...

I've tagged you to do a meme about 8 interesting things about you. Come visit my blog and get the rules!

Pamela said...

wow! I can't believe he actually commented, lol!

Off to check out your challenge Tara!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...