Monday, July 9, 2007

Strawberries!!

It's strawberry season and it seems like so many people are enjoying the fruits of the season. My friends, Tammy and Andrea, have been blogging about their strawberry adventures and we had our own family picking day last Thursday...(I'm notrious for being slow to get my pictures from my camera on to the computer!)... and we managed to pick 5 cartons in about 1/2 an hour! What fun we had! Of course after all that picking came finding ways to use up all those berries!


I made strawberry pie, strawberry freezer jam, and this Canada Flag Cake...a belated Canada Day treat, lol! (My good intentions are almost always followed through slow too!)

Most of the strawberries ended up in the freezer which is a great way to enjoy them later on!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Mmmmmm....jam!! I just had the last of my Grandma's strawberry jam today and I will miss it terribly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...