Monday, July 16, 2007

Full House!!

I'm sneaking in a little computer time while my friend and her three daughters are at the mall picking up some things they can't get in Moose Jaw. The hum of the Super Nintendo plays as background music because Kaden and his friend Steven are playing Top Gear. My girls and my niece Brittney (who will be staying with us for the week) are practicing a concert that no doubt I will have to attend as soon as they perfect it! When my friend Linda returns from shopping, we will have 2 adults in the house and 8 children! I think I may even ask Steven's mom and his sisters to stay for lunch when they pick up Steven...that will bring the total to 3 adults and 10 children! Today may have been one of the few days that Conrad was actually looking forward to going to work!
I am thankful for the blessing of a full house! We have lived in this house for 5 years now and we have had many people share it with us. Conrad's brothers lived with us for awhile between the sale of one house and possession of another. We hosted a Chinese exchange student for almost a year. My niece and nephew even lived with us for awhile (this was at the same time as the exchange student!!). This year from January until April, Conrad's boss' son's fiancee (did you get that??!! lol!) lived with us until she got married. This house has been a blessing to us and we have tried to use it to give others a place to stay when they need it. This is the second time that my friend Linda and her three girls have come to stay with us and my niece and nephews are always welcome! I love my home and the friends and family that frequent it.
I am thankful that God has blessed me with a great house in an awesome neighbourhood on a wonderful bay with great neighbours. God has filled my life with so many friends that I often don't even have enough hours to spend with all of them. I am thankful for friends that I can be apart from for months and years and then reconnect with quickly as if we have never been apart. I am truly blessed by the friends I have in my life and I am glad for summer and the time I have to spend with them. Yesterday, we attended a BBQ with all the members of our small group (which wasn't so small when we included all the kids!) There were 12 adults and 18 (+3/9) children and we enjoyed a fun evening! This is going to be a great week of sociallizing and it will be even more fun with our full house!

3 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

You obviously have the gift of hospitality. I have a little magnet thing on my fridge that says, "Hospitality is the art of making people feel at home -- when you wish they were!" and that's often how I feel about it. I'd love to develop a gift like yours. The people in your life are so fortunate to have you in theirs.

Andrea said...

Pam, you are an inspiration to me!! You are always full of generosity, love, patience and grace. Truly a wonderful example of a Christian woman.

You are blessed.
xoxo

TammyIsBlessed said...

I'm always amazed at how much energy you have for everything! Hospitality is just another of your many gifts. You're truly a blessing to many.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...