Saturday, June 2, 2007

Interviewed by Andrea

On Andrea's Blog, she had completed a list of 5 questions from a friend. At the end of her post, she asked if anyone wanted to be interviewed and that she would send them 5 questions to answer. Like Andrea, I'm always up for a questionnaire, so she emailed me a list of 5 questions she wanted to ask me.
Here they are:
1. If you would've been the one to propose to your hubby, how would you have done it?
Conrad proposed on November 10, 1994 after a romantic dinner (that he had prepared himself) in his kitchen/diningroom which was in the basement of the house where he lived. While it was romantic, (the house was a 7,500 square foot mansion), I always wished he would have chosen a place where we could go back and relive the moment and because the owners no longer live there...I highly doubt the current owners would want us to go into their basement!

So, to answer your question, I would choose a place like the tower at the forks or the bridge by the BDI and then I would get one one knee and propose. Of course, knowing my luck, the ring would fall off the 6 storey tower or fall into the water off the bridge...maybe Conrad did it the best his way, lol!

2. If you could play on any sports team, which one would it be? and why? (you have to pick something)

Andrea must know me pretty well, to add that last comment, lol!
Well, assuming I had co-ordination and they would allow me to play on a sports team, I would choose either a synchronized swimming team because I do like to swim, or a figure skating team. I actually found out just a few years ago that my skating teacher had approached my parents and asked if I could train and possible become a member of the elite squad but my parents didn't want me too. It would have been too difficult as my dad was the only one who drove and the training would have all been while he was at work. I was surprised to find this out so many years later....maybe I could have been a world famous skater, lol!

3. If you were to open up a restaurant what would you call it?

It may have to be a buffet restaurant so I could try a ton of new stuff everyday. Maybe Auntie Pamela's Buffet, lol! (I used to work at Uncle Willy's!) Actually, not really a restaurant, but I would LOVE to open one of those Once A Month cooking restaurants like dream dinners or super suppers.

4. What is the one material thing you couldn't live without?
I think I'd have to say my camera. I can't even tell you how many cameras I have been through...I'm on my 3rd digital if that tells you anything. I love being able to freeze time and capture the moment in a photo. Whether it is my kids, a dinner I've made, or a special event, I love having the memory captured in a picture so that I can relive the moment again and again.

5. If you were to write a book or make a movie what would the story line be? And what would the main characters' names be?
Someday I'll write a book series called the "read-with-me" series and I'll be famous, lol!
I read chapter books with my kids and that's where I came up with the idea for this series. My books would encourage parents to read with their kids because my books would have kid friendly easy words on one side of the page for the kids to read and the other side would be more challenging vocabulary but still stay to the same story. The child could read their side with little or no help from the parents and then follow along on the parent's side to expand their reading skills. The books would have moral values and feature boys and girls. I think each book would feature a different main character and because I LOVE names I can use all those names that Conrad didn't like! I haven't worked out the exact details but it would be a fun endeavour to create such a series.

If you'd like me to interview you...
1. Leave me a comment saying "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

3 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Careful, someone's going to steal your book idea!!! I think it's a great one.

Lori said...

Interview me! I love these things too.

Pamela said...

Here are Lori's questions:
1. What would the child you once were think of the adult you have now become?

2. If you knew that there would be a nuclear war in one week, what would you do?

3. Given the ability to project yourself into the past but not return, would you do so? If you would, where would you go?

4. If you could pick any age and stay there for the rest of your life,what age would you pick?

5. What are some of the things you would do if you could become invisible whenever you wanted to?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...