My friend Tammy is participating in the 30 Day- Honour Your Husband Challenge and I have decided to join her. In the busy-ness of everyday life, it is so easy to take the people you love for granted and not stop and take the time to really acknowledge their importance. Although I'm sure that Conrad knows how much I love and appreciate him, this challenge will help me to make a conscious effort to show my love and appreciation.
My goals for the next 30 days:
- Get up with him in the morning - I love sleeping in and now that I don't have any classes until September it is very easy to lie in bed while he gets up and has breakfast...and since I also usually don't eat anything until about 10, I much prefer to lounge in my cozy bed until the last possible minute, before I drag myself out of bed to walk the kidlings to school. With school ending in just 3 days, the kids will join me in the slow moving start to the day and so my goal for the next 30 days is to get up with him and sit with him at breakfast. This may sound simple to most people, but it will be a challenge for me!
- Be more Physical-Conrad and I have totally opposite love languages. I tend to favour Words of affirmation or Acts of service, and Conrad's love language is definitely Physical Touch. Not that Conrad doesn't appreciate a love note or if I were to complete a chore for him, or that I don't enjoy some nice couple time behind a locked bedroom door, **nudge, nudge... wink, wink**, but because Physical Touch is not my prefered way to feel love, I tend to forget that it is his. I want give more hugs and kisses this month to show my love to Conrad in his love language. I will also give him at least two back massages in the next 30 days....I am probably the only person who hates back massages and so the old "If you give me one, then I'll give you one" doesn't fly for him and so a back massage is a rare occurance around here. Here's an online quiz I found to Find out your Love Language
- Leave the cans of Coke alone!-I am a pop-aholic and we keep the basement fridge (which came in handy last week!) stocked with cans of pop. I drink all kinds of pop, but Conrad prefers coke. Often when he has one, I will think "Hmmm...that looks good!" and I'll help myself to a can of the only pop he drinks. The time will come when all the coke is gone and I still have all my pop (especially my hoarded American pop -cherry 7up, A&W cream soda, Cherry Coke, etc). He hates that and so for the next 30 days I will leave his pop alone...actually maybe I should give up drinking so much pop!
- Pray for him and let Conrad know how blessed I am to have him as a husband. I also want to ask Conrad if he has anything in particular that I can bring to God in prayer.
- Cook some of his favourite things-I love making new recipes and Conrad is more of a "same old ... same old" kind of guy. Since discovering recipezaar, I have tried over 900 (*gasp*!) new recipes and so it is rare that I make his favourites. Often after I try a new recipe and ask Con how he likes it, he'll reply: "does it really matter, we'll never have it again anyway!" My goal is to make 4 of his favourite things each week for the next 4 weeks. Although with Recipezaar's cooking contest coming up, this may prove to be a challenge!
I'm posting this as a way of being accountable. Make sure you ask me how I'm doing with my goals! It should be an interesting month, lol! Thanks for posting the challenge Tammy :)