Sunday, June 3, 2007

Happy Anniversary to us!



Yesterday, Conrad and I celebrated our 11th Anniversary--actually our official anniversary was on June 1. Wow! Eleven years! In a way it seems like we have been married longer, after all we've been a couple since I was 15, but in other ways it seems like we just got married. We've sure gone through many changes in the last eleven years: we've moved 6 times, we've owned 2 homes, changed vehicles 3 times, experienced 3 job changes, and of course added 3 awesome kids to our family. I'm looking forward to what God has in store for our next 11 years! I can honestly say that Conrad is one of the best blessings that God has given me. He is truly my other half as he completes me and we complement each other in so many ways. Being married to Conrad has made me a better person and I am so grateful for that.



Anyway, that was the 'long way around' for my actual intention, lol! I wanted to share and recommend the restaurant where we celebrated. It's a small french restaurant located at 312 Des Meurons in St. Boniface (between Marion and Goulet)and it's called Inferno's Bistro. This small restaurant has been recommended to us by numerous friends, and most recently, one of Conrad's customers at work. Since it was Conrad's turn to plan how we would celebrate, (we take turns every other year planning and surprising the other person), he chose for us to dine at Inferno's. The place was packed and Conrad was thankful to have made a reservation...we actually noticed that everyone who came in had a reservation, so keep that in mind if you decide to try this place out! The food was fabulous! Conrad enjoyed some steak in a creamy peppercorn sauce and I had a chicken penne with roasted vegetables and wilted spinach, both of which I did, as you can tell by the above photo, manage to get a picture of. (Conrad is very tolerant of my food photography obsession at home, but less than thrilled when I whipped out my camera and began snapping away in public, lol!) We shared a dessert called "Chocolate Explosion" and it was so melt-in-your mouth delicious! It was a great way to celebrate our anniversary! Cheers for 11 years! :)

2 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! It's hard to believe it's been that long, eh? I think it's awesome that you guys take turns planning and surprising each other for your anniversary. What a great idea.

Andrea said...

Wow...11 years -- WAY TO GO!! Happy Anniversary!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...