There are many paths to reach a single destination.......
and you can still get there even if you take the long way around.
"We can make our plans,
but the Lord determines our steps." Proverbs 16:9 NLT
Today my friend Janice drove with me to drop Kaden off at camp. We were on the road by 7:00 (I almost had us on the road at 6:00am because I thought registration started an hour earlier...thankfully I caught it before we left!)
After dropping Kaden off we kept going south for a little day trip to the States. My main reason for going was because I had placed a school order from Mardel and had to pick it up but it was also fun to do some other shopping and eating too. I snapped this for Kezia:
Her favourite Pizza Ranch item!
We had a great time visiting and shopping and we were home around 10:30. While we were gone, Conrad was busy working at the house and he sent me this photo update:
or make that BECAUSE of perogies! Today, I crossed a restaurant I'd like to try off my restaurant bucket list when we went to a Mennonite museum to have their lunch buffet:
Wow! All you can eat cottage cheese perogies, zwieback, salads, farmer's sausage, ham, and two types of squares for dessert. We went with Conrad's parents and Kezia and Kaden--Kiandra was at a sleepover and missed out.
after that rather ummm...large lunch...I thought I'd better go for a run in the evening. So I ran 4 miles...and slowly moved my '50 miles this summer' ticker over.
It is the perfect card making accessory for making owls for my 6th (??!!) batch of 'welcome to Grade 1' cards that will be mailed out in the coming weeks!
3. Playmobil Hands down my favourite toy for kids. It doesn't come out too often at our house but every once in awhile--like when Kezia double books two babysitting jobs in the same night not realizing that Kiandra already has plans. She ended up having to host 7 kids here instead of their respective houses. So the playmobil was a great activity for the kids to do.
4. Thrift Stores. My girls and I have spent some time perusing the stores this week and it's been fun to try on some things we'd never actually buy. So far we haven't found much for back to school yet but we're hoping to make our rounds and hit some great bargains.
5. Diva Cup. If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you already know that it's a favourite thing of mine. I've been using mine for years and I still love it.
1. Conrad enjoyed a second day off in a row (He'll miss his Thursday in a few weeks and so yesterday was the make up day for that) and took Kaden out for breakfast.
2. Did some banking. Deposits, transfers, and balance checking.
3. We went to Ikea to pick up our corner lazy susan that was on backorder and all of the cabinet legs that were also on backorder.
4. We combined our total value of receipts to cash in on Ikea's kitchen event sale and received this:
5. We all had doctor's appointments. We learned Kezia is 5'7 and Kiandra and Kaden are exactly the same height: 5'5. The doctor predicted that Kaden will grow 6 inches in the next year....Kaden is hoping he's right. Conrad has his doubts.
6. Kiandra had blood drawn. She is more brave than I am.
7. We renewed my drvier's license.
8. We renewed Kiandra's driver's license. (It's hard to believe she's been driving for over 9 months already!)
9. We renewed our annual heath insurance for trips to the US.
10. We ate take-out pizza for supper and Kiandra picked it up.
11. Kezia deep cleaned her room.
12. The garbage and recycling went out at both houses in anticipation of garbage day tomorrow...kind of cool they are on the same garbage day cycle.